Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 19: Subject Takes a Chill Pill

I'm not always deeply contemplative, in fact, I wouldn't even say it's my normal state.  Things have just been rough recently.  But, even in the midst of that, I cannot dwell on the issues at school all the time.  Sometimes I just have to kick back, and take a chill pill.

A morning shot with the babies.**

Charlotte, little ham that she is, has started asking to take selfies.  As this is precisely the kind of behavior I wish to encourage in her (appreciation for herself, an understanding that there's nothing wrong with sharing who you are and how you look with the world, etc) I almost always oblige.  It's a special day when I can get Elliot in on the action, though.  It's not that he objects to being photographed, he simply doesn't see the point in taking time out of his busy minecraft schedule.

 Such happy little faces.

Of course, if I'm willing to lie down on the floor and tell him that we're going to say "heck off" for the camera, suddenly he is ALL about the selfies.

Being squished by your kids isn't exactly zen, but it's certainly calming.

**Why yes, those are my pajamas.  AKA my work clothes.  Bask in the glory of being an author.  I wear slippers to work every day.

1 comment:

  1. I love the matching Chaz and Mama smiles in #2. Elliot looks like he's trying to give you a sly hug in #3 with that sideways looking at the camera. Kind of like he's saying "heck off" !

    ReplyDelete