Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Day 14: Subject at Work.

I write.  Professionally.  I am an author.  

I don't mean to mislead anyone, here.  I'm not a very successful author.  But I am one, and I like to think that my work, while perhaps not very lucrative, is at least moderately entertaining.

Producing said work is--at times--a joyous and fun filled experience.  At other times--like when, for reasons you cannot possibly comprehend, your brain has turned to swiss cheese for 72 hours--it is slow and painful.  

Today I offer you a series of photos, which I call Subject at Work.

Contemplation.
In this photo, we see the subject trying like hell to remember how she was planning on starting this chapter. 

Searching.
Here we see the subject looking for yet another synonym, knowing full well that there isn't one.  Regret fills her, and she tries to reword the last three paragraphs, in which she has referenced "knowledge" roughly eighteen times. 

Stymied.
At times, even the best of outlines leaves you uncertain where to go.  Here we see the subject considering if there is any sensible way to end the scene she is currently working on, or if the best option is simply to delete it all and start over. 

 Considering.
I hear they're hiring at Bertucci's.  Or, hey, maybe I could get a job as a sock model!  Check out those swanky socks.

1 comment:

  1. Write like a MF, MF! But this is actually your momma... I'm just on Kathy's computer :)

    ReplyDelete