Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Day 39: Hair and Nonsense

If you don't want to uproot your life, but you need something to change, appearance is always a good way to go.  Now, changing your body might be a goal, but it's not like you can do that sort of thing overnight.  And changing your wardrobe is fun, but an expensive proposition.  Hair though...  Hair can go through an infinite variety of changes.

Normally I change the color.  I LOVE dying my hair.  At the moment, though, I have a show coming up, and my director is pretty firm on the idea that a Jewish girl in 1940's Russia wouldn't have purple hair.  It makes me sad, but I see her point.

Sometimes I change the length, although I'm pretty set on letting it grow out right now.  Not only would an A-line bob be inappropriate for the aforementioned Russian Jewish girl, I also think I'm just ready to return to the long hair of my youth.  Long hair is pretty awesome.  So I'm not cutting it.

It's cool though.  I have a thing I can change with absolutely no monetary investment, relatively little time, and no long term effects.

That's right y'all, I'm talking about texture.

It's a three step process.  Step one:  Braid your hair.

 One of my friends was on video chat and asked me if I had put in locs.  I rolled my eyes.  I wish.  I can't loc my hair for two very good reasons.  (1) My hair won't do it.  I have white girl hair, and it just won't lock together properly.  (2) I am a white girl, and I would rather go my whole life without locs than upset even one person or make them think I was disrespecting their culture.  That being said, I'm a little wistful that braids is the closest I'll ever get.






Next you wait for your hair to dry.  Or, if you're me, you wait about three days because when your hair is in a bunch of teeny tiny braids you don't have to do anything to take care of it.  At any rate, whenever you're tired of the braids you move on to step two: unbraiding.


 Unbraiding leaves you with hair that is all kinds of wonky waves, particularly if you're me, and you braided much smaller braids in the back, and much larger braids in the front.  Still, it's mostly pretty tame.






Step three is where the magic happens!!!!  APPLY THE BRUSH!!!!!

  

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!












Voila!  I have wookie hair!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment