Monday, April 4, 2016

Day 32: Not Dead Yet

First of all, I've grown deeply tired of that naming scheme I trapped myself with, so I'm moving on.  Hope everyone is cool with that.

If not, tough.  

Second, you may have noticed there was a little gap in posts.  That's because I was busy finishing up my most recent book, and all my words per minute were going into that.  The book is done, however, and in the hands of my vicious beta readers who are now diligently ripping it apart, so I'm back. :)

The other night I ran Matchmaker for the first time with Abby and Casey, aka Hodel and Chava.  We don't really have blocking yet, but Dana (the director) said we could move around while we sang, so I went with it.  My friend Greg was around, and snapped some pictures.

For papa make him a scholar, for mama make him rich as a king.
For me, well, I wouldn't holler if he were as handsome as anything...

I don't actually have a hard time finding the proper emotion for this song.  Tzeitel's disillusionment with matchmaking is close enough to my own exasperation with romance that it TOTALLY works.  The eye rolls come naturally.

He's handsome, he's young... Okay, he's sixty-two.

You can't tell in this shot, but Abby is giving me the look of death.  Probably because I just told her I was marrying her off to a man three times her age, but, you know, I don't want to make assumptions.  Casey just looks disappointed with Chris, our music director.  I don't really blame her.  Chris brought the dinky keyboard that night.  Bad Chris.  No cookie for you.

He's handsome, he's tall... That is from side to side.

I'm really enjoying this entire show so much.  We're about a month out from the performance, but I can already tell it's gonna be great.  At any rate, stay turned for further rehearsal shots.  I'm sure more will be incoming in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment