Monday, August 1, 2016

Travel Interlude

Dearest Friends and Folks,

I am almost home again from my three week trip (well, by the time I post this I'll likely already BE home) and while I'm sure my ponderings from the long hours in the car will provide material for quite some time, I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the trip itself.

In the Beginning.

Road trips are great, if you have the right mindset.  You're gonna be in the car.  Pack some tunes, accept that your joints will be stiff sometimes, and enjoy the ride.  It's like a form of active meditation.

I had an amazing time.  The kids were better than I could have hoped, and as a result I've come away with the firm conviction that the three of us can handle literally anything.  I got the pleasant reminder that I have some wonderful friends, people who will feed me, host me, give my children piggy back rides, play video games with them, and just spend time with me, shooting the shit.

I have also come away with the insane urge to buy an RV and spend the rest of my life on the road, but maybe that will fade.

In the end

Anyway, it was awesome, and I hope you all have had similarly magical times this summer.

Now we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment