Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Day 43: The best part about closing a show...

Some people like the extra sleep.

Some like the ability to eat meals that are composed of actual foods, and not something picked up at a drive thru.

Some like the chance to catch up with family and friends.

But, say what you will, I think the best part of closing a show is that you don't have to fit the part anymore.  And--for me--that means I can dye my hair.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Behold, my hair immediately post show.  It is long, but otherwise tragically brown* and boring.



*I feel I should mention that sometimes I like brown hair and am totally in the mood for it.  
Just not always.  And not today.

NEVER FEAR!!!!  For we can change this!

First, WE BLEACH!!!





Now, as you all are probably aware, this isn't my first time at this particular rodeo.  Last go round I went pinks and purples all over, and apparently some of the tint stuck with me.  Check that out!  Post bleach pink.  Gotta love it.



Here we go, post bleaching.

Daenerys Targaryen I am not, but it'll do to let the color show.  

Honestly.  Me as a blonde.  It's kind of creepy, isn't it?  









Each step takes a while, so I spent 12 hours as a blonde, and then I went on to step three.  Sectioning.



I've done all kinds of different dye jobs, but this time I decided to take the section around my crown and do it all in purple and pink (purple at the roots and pink at the ends) and then take the strip around my hairline and do it in alternating teal and blue, except for a little pink at the center of my forehead.  Huh.  It sounds more complicated to explain than it was to actually do.  Anyway.  Tally ho.


 
After I had dyed and rinsed it, I braided the hair and pinned it up so the color wouldn't drip down my neck while it dried.  I'm really pleased with the way it looks up in the braids.

Last but not least, this is what the final product looks like once it's dry and freed from the braids.




Pink!  Blue!!  TURQUOISE!!!  Because I put it at the roots of the crown, the purple doesn't really read when my hair is down, but it's such a pretty backdrop for when I braid it.  :)
 

 So, there we have it.  I've got Rainbow Dash Hair.  I couldn't be more pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment