Friday, August 17, 2018

#109: Sometime I Poet


I think what you loved about being with me
Was seeing the man who you wanted to be
His reflection was there when you looked in my eyes
A man who you wouldn’t, in secret, despise

Someone much stronger, unafraid of the truth
Someone who didn’t still mourn for his youth
A man who had insight.  A man who was brave.
A man whose soul didn’t need to be saved.

A man you could be with courage enough
But the fight would be hard, and the way would be rough
And that wasn’t a struggle you were ready to face
And what you had loved, became a disgrace

And when you could no longer bear to still see
The man that you just could not choose yet to be
We said our goodbyes.  Because both of us knew
I would always be looking for that man in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment